A teen in Urie, Wyoming, has died after his parents forced him to drink strong liquor in an effort to teach him a lesson. The boy, who thought drinking was a good idea, was made to ingest both Fireball and Jack Daniels Whiskey. Both Paulette Richardson and Joseph Richardson, the teen’s parents, have been charged with involuntary manslaughter after their son, Kendal Ball, died of alcohol poisoning at the tender age of 16.

Ball wanted to drink within the past three years, but his parents wanted to teach him that drinking wasn’t all it is cracked up to be. The husband and wife made the 16-year-old drink several shots over a period of two-hours. Ball’s biological father had been an alcoholic, so they wanted to keep him from that life.

EMTs transported the boy to the hospital, where he was found to have a blood alcohol level of .587, which is seven times the legal limit. The boy died, unfortunately. Both parents are facing up to 20 years in prison should they be convicted. Prosecutors are trying to determine if someone else was in the home at the time, too.